The Online Mercado Where Latin@s Can Sell Their Skills
When new venues appear, that just means there are more options for you to get that dinerito💰! So how about making money as an online freelancer? No worries, you don’t have to make an OnlyFlans🍮 account or start a stream for your chihuahuas🐶.
Have you heard of Fiverr? It is an online marketplace for freelance services. Imagine an online mercado🛒, where each of the booths is run by a person offering a service🙋🏽♂️. You might not hear the music playing around or the conversations of the people shopping, but you get to set the price and establish the brand of your “booth.” Among some of the most popular ways to make money that Latin@s can also join are:
- Voiceover🎤: If you are an actor looking for extra work, this might be an option for you. If you are bilingual, you can target even more clients. Ah, your papis are going to be tan orgullosos.
- Translation✍🏽: Since we were little, we helped our parents translate our homework, conversations, even paperwork! Why not use this skill to earn an income?! Freelance translation includes translating documents, scripts, blogs, etc. We didn’t spend all our childhood watching novelas in Spanish for nothing!
- Articles/Blog Posts📓: If you got good grammar skills, we recommend being an article writer or a ghost writer. Kind of like La Llorona writing for the local newspaper. A client can assign you a topic, and you make magic with your words! No wonder your mami said you were el poeta of the family.
- Graphic Design💻: If Photoshop is your game, or you know what makes a killer logo, get that dinero. Did you design the Logo for your sister’s dog salon, or help your dad photoshop more tools into the photo of his workshop? Then try doing it for pay!
- Copywriter✒️: Don’t lie, you’ve been getting really good at writing those Insta captions over the last year #latinosbelike. If you know how to hook your audience then punch them with some fuego content, this might be the job for you!
To start out on Fiverr, you have to create an account📲. This will work whether you want to be a buyer or a seller. We recommend adding a nice, clear picture👩🏽 so that clients know who they’ll be speaking to. If you think your abuelita would hang this picture proudly in her sala, then that’s probably a good choice.
You will then be able to pick your skills from a list. Fiverr also includes tests so clients know the seller’s expertise. For example, if you pick translation as a skill, you would take a test where you translate English to Spanish and vice versa. If you are a graphic designer, you can add the programs you are fluent in✔️.
Then you can add what kind of gigs you do📋. For instance, if you are a voiceover actor, you can set prices depending on length, genre, etc. If you are a copywriter, you can sell copy for social media ads, articles, blogs, etc.
Now you are ready to set up your booth in this online mercado🤗. It will start slow at first like any new business. But soon, you will pick up clients and good reviews and grow that wealth. And the good thing is, online mercados don’t have chismos@s around😅!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Thank you for subscribing