Abuela Knows Best: Ways To Save on Groceries
Sometimes when you look at your abuelita, you might think, “Wow, she is so cute and kind.👼🏽” But cuidado mij@! Abuelitas are more than just cuddly, they have some good financial sense and the street smarts to get you deals in those grocery store streets. We have some tips to shop like an abuelita, so you can fill your fridge on a budget and maybe become her new favorite grandkid✨🔥!
- Abuela Tip 1: Use what’s in your fridge❄️. Before shopping, an abuelita might open her fringe or her pantry and check what’s inside. She will sniff around for anything bad, then make a mental note of what’s left. Some cebollas, a few veggies, a couple eggs. So put on your cute delantal and plan to make some guisados, salads, or soups to save all those dollars staring at you from the fridge💸.
- Abuela Tip 2: Meal plan abuela style✍🏽. When we were kids some of our abuelitas would ask everyone what they wanted to eat that week. To make everyone happy, they would plan a meal for each day. Following this tip means knowing what you will buy and not buying anything extra!
- Abuela Tip 3: Coupons save your purse👛. You don’t have to invest hours cutting coupons like in the days of your abuelita’s youth👧🏽. Even abuelitas know that each supermarket has online coupons💻. If you go on your favorite supermarket’s website, you can often save electronic coupons to use when you shop later.
- Abuela Tip 4: Generic is okay mij@s👍🏽. An abuelita loves all her grandkids, the good looking one and the feítos😍. She only judges what’s inside. So don’t spend dollars on superficial things by buying expensive brand names. Checking the ingredients is much more productive and can often save you half the price🤑.
- Abuela Tip 5: Recalentados for everyone. Every Latin@ knows recalentados taste better. What’s better than eating leftovers while watching your novelas with abue✨. This tip is not only good for your wallet but good for your soul too.
Next time you go shopping, remember your abuelita👛. Her grocery budget tips will watch over you. Just remember, when you make those delicious meals, don’t forget to invite your abuelitas!👵🏽💖
Source: Fernanda’s Abuelita.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Thank you for subscribing